What’s the price of the most expensive shoe in your footwear collection? $1000? Maybe $1200? But certainly not $1 million. Remember my post about some must have fashion items? This one is a kind of follow up, especially if you can afford the shoes below. I’ve done my research and below is a premium list of some of the finest and most expensive shoes in the world.
The most expensive shoes in the world list.
1. The Fire Monkey ($4 million). Forget the name. I wonder who name it. The fire monkey sneakers is the most expensive sneakers in the world. This piece will cost you a whopping $4 million. Did I just hear you say WOW? It was made using hundreds of carats of exquisite tailor-made white diamond pieces and blue sapphires which were set in 18k gold. My Oh My! The shoe was made by Bicion and Mache Custom Kicks. It deserves to sit on the top of our list of most expensive shoes.
2. Harry Winston Ruby Slippers ($3 million). This shoe is a replica of one of the shoes that was used in the 1939 film by Metro Goldwin Mayer, The Wizard of Oz. The original shoe was made by Gilbert Adrain whilst this current one, replicated years after the movie, was made by Ronald Winston. The glittering shoe took two months to be produced and was done using 4600rubies and 50 carat diamonds.
3. Rita Hayworth Heels ($3 million). This particular shoe was created by legendary iconic shoe designer Stuart Weitzman. The peep-toe shoes were made with diamonds, sapphires, and rubies that belonged to Rita Hayworth. The pair was worn by Kathleen York to the 2006 Academy Awards although she has returned it to Rita’s daughter Princess Yasmine Aga Khan.
4. Cinderella Slippers ($2 million). This is another masterpiece by Stuart, whose shoes happen to be the most expensive shoes in the world. Made with 565 Kwait diamonds, premium Italian leather and a mixture of gold and platinum, the shoes look just like they were taken straight from the story. Alisson Krauss wore the pair to the 2004 Oscars. There were rumors in many quarters that Stuarts daughters who were staunch fans of Alisson asked their father to make the shoes so Alisson could wear it to the Oscars.
5. Tanzanite Heels ($2 million). A combination of Eddie Le Vian and Stuart Weitzman gave birth to this iconic shoe that was made with 200 carats of tanzanite and 595 carats of diamond crystals and 16 carats of other precious gems encrusted in its silver leather.
6. Jason’s White Gold Shoe ($2 million). Made by one of the prestigious custom jewelry retailer in California, Jason, this shoe made with 14000 full cut round white diamonds with a Tom Ford sole took almost a year to make. It was quite a sight to behold as Nick Cannon wore it to the finale of Season 9 of America’s Got Talent.
7. Stuart’s Ruby Stilettos ($1.6 million). Another masterpiece from the exclusive shoemaker himself. This was inspired by the “Wizard of Oz” shoes and was made with 123 carat rubies and a pound of platinum.
8. Stuart’s Platinum Guild Stilettos ($1.09 million). And it’s Stuart Weitzman again! He used 464 diamonds on this shoe which was unveiled at the 2002 Oscars.
9. Stuart’s Retro Rose Pumps ($1 million). Here’s a Stuart’s Weitzman’s piece that brings back memories of Hollywood in the 20th century. The roses on it were made of 1800 diamonds.
10. Stuart’s Marilyn Monroe Shoes ($1 million). First worn in 2005 at the Oscars by Regina King, this footwear was named after Marilyn Monroe herself, who’s seen as a symbol of timeless beauty and class.
11. Original Wizard of Oz Shoes ($612,000). This is the original shoe that was used in the movie “Wizard of Oz”. The only pair that was on display is said to be worth over $600,000.
12. Stuart’s Diamond Dream Stilletos ($500,000). Here’s another wonderfully made shoe by the king of luxury shoes. It comes with 30 carat diamonds and looks absolutely stunning.
13. Kathryn Wilson’s Pumps ($418,450). Created for the purpose of raising money for charity, this shoe is diamond encrusted and according to the maker, the diamonds were hand pasted.
14. Nizam Sikandar Jah shoes ($160,000). This shoe was belonged to the Nizam of Hyderabad, Sikandar Jah and dates back to the 18th century. Embroidered with gold, diamonds, emeralds and other precious stones.
15. Air Jordan Silver Shoes ($60,000). Endorsed by superstar basketballer Michael Jordan, this silver masterpiece is a head turner. It is one of the most expensive basketball shoes in the world.
16. Nike’s AirForce 1 Supreme ($50,000). Coming hot on the heels of the Air Jordan Silver Shoes is the wonderfully made durable sneakers from Nike. Made of premium leather and neon green shoe laces, I think this shoe makes Kanye’s Yeezy look awful.
So, there you have it… The 16 most expensive shoes in the world… Now, tell me, which of them would you like to own?