Watch that! There’s a difference between a watch and a watch! Don’t get it twisted, but the most expensive timepiece I own costs just $150. What are the prices of the most expensive watches you own? Surely, it’s not up to $1,000,000, is it?
How about splashing $11million on a watch? That amount alone can buy about 6 Bugatti Veyrons.
Well, that you and I cannot afford it doesn’t mean others can’t. I’ve compiled a comprehensive list of the most expensive watches in the world (and I’m still compiling. The list is longer than this). The Graff Diamon
Without further ado, here we go…
So, here we go, the most expensive watches in the world in order of prices.
|Name of the Watch||Price|
|Graff Diamonds Hallucination Watch||$55 million|
|Graff Diamonds Fascination Watch||$40 million|
|Breguet Grande Complication Marie Antoinette||$30 million|
|Choppard 201 Carat Watch||$25 million|
|Jacob & Co The Billionaire Watch||$18million|
|Patek Philippe Henry Graves Super Complication||$11million|
|Patek Philippe Caliber 89 Pocket Watch||$6million|
|Patek Philippe Reference 1527||$5.7 million|
|Hublot Big Bang||$5million|
|Breguet Fils Precision Watch||$5million|
|Louis Moinet Meteoris Tourbillons||$4.6million|
|Patek Philippe Platinum World Time||$4million|
|Blancpain Le Brauss Tourbillon Carrousel||$3.9million|
|Patek Philippe 1938 Single Button Chronograph||$3.6million|
|Piaget Emperador Temple||$3.3million|
|Patek Philippe 1895/1927 Yello Gold Watch||$3million|
|Patek Philip 1953||$2.9million|
|Frank Muller Aeternitas Mega 4||$2.7million|
|Jaeger Lecoultre Hybris Mechanica Grand Sonnerie||$2.5million|
|Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime Ref 6300||$2.2million|
|Richard Mille Tourbillon Sapphire||$2million|
|A Lange & Sohne’s Grand Complication Watch||$2.1 million|
|Vacheron Constantin Tour De L’lle||$1.5million|
|Patek Philippe Sky Moon Tourbillon||$1.3million|
|Hublot Haute Joaillerie||$1million|
|Breguet Double Tourbillon Baguette Diamonds Watch||$843,000|
|Jacob & Co Astronomia Clarity Baguette||$840,000|
|Harry Winston Histoire de Tourbillon 7||$600,000|
- Graff Diamonds Hallucination Watch ($55 million): Comprising of 110 carats of rare colored diamonds like Fancy Intense Blue, Fancy Light Pink, Fancy Light Grey Blue to mention a few, the Graff Hallucination in the words of the company Chairman Laurence Graff “is a sculptural masterpiece, a celebration of the miracle of colored diamonds”.
2. Graff Diamonds Fascination Watch ($40 million): Made with 152 carats of white diamonds with a detachable 38-carat flawless diamond that can be worn as a ring, the Graff Diamonds Fascination Watch is a watch for the fascinatingly wealthy.
3. Breguet Grande Complication Marie Antoinette ($30 million): This watch was built for the French Queen although she never set her eyes on it since the watch was finished 34 years after her death. It took Breguet and his Son 40 years to build the watch from start to finish.
4. Choppard 201 Carat Watch ($25 million): This watch which currently occupies the 2nd position in our list of 11 most expensive watches sold in 2000 for a record fee of $25million! Unbelieveable right? Wait till you see the Moinet Tourbillions!
5. Jacob & Co The Billionaire Watch ($18million): Made by high end jeweler, the billionaire watch features 260 carats of large baguette cut diamonds on a white gold case and makes the wearer feel like he/she’s wearing half of the diamonds that could have been put on the rings of most engagement rings, on their wrist.
6. Patek Philippe Henry Graves Super Complication ($11million): This timepiece itself is a super complication and was made by Patek Philippe for Banker Henry graves Jr. in 1933. It took 5 years to build and in 1999, the watch sold for $11million.
7. Patek Philippe Caliber 89 Pocket Watch ($6million): This watch was built in 1989 by the engineers at Patek Philippe to mark the 150 year anniversary of the company. It took 5 years of research and 4 years of manufacturing to finish this masterpiece that can set you back for $6 million.
8. Patek Philippe Reference 1527 ($5.7 million): The Patek Philippe company made the watch in 1943 and in 2010, this watch sold for $5.7 million at Christie’s auction.
9. Hublot Big Bang ($5million): This watch by one of the world’s luxury watch designers was made using 1280 diamonds which took the company 365 days to gather from all over the earth to be cut by one of the finest jewelers in New York with 40 years of work experience. The watch is a sight to behold for lovers of diamonds.
10. Breguet Fils Precision Watch ($5million): The 18k gold watch built by Swatch group member Breguet was said to have sold for 5000 francs in 1814 but has an estimated value of about $5million today.
11. Louis Moinet Meteoris Tourbillons ($4.6million): This is a set of 4 Tourbillons made by Louis Moinet in conjunction with Luc Lebanne. The four tourbillons are said to have been made with pieces from the moon and asteroids, making them able to withstand the force of gravity.
12. Patek Philippe Platinum World Time ($4million): Patek Philippe sold the watch in 2002 for over $4million at an occasion.
13. Blancpain Le Brauss Tourbillon Carrousel ($3.9million): Blancpain was the first to use the Tourbillon and Carrousel together in a watch to mitigate the effects of gravity on watches. This watch by the Swatch group member costs a whopping $3.9million.
14. Patek Philippe 1938 Single Button Chronograph ($3.6million): I’m short of words. How many of us own a watch that looks so… indescribable?
15. Piaget Emperador Temple ($3.3million): Full of stones and diamonds, this watch which comes in two models is a sight to behold.
16. Patek Philippe 1895/1927 Yello Gold Watch ($3million): Original estimates set the price of this Patek Phillipe timepiece at $600,000 but this watch sold for $3million. Its parts date as far back as 1895 and it is believed to be one of the watches in Henry Graves watch collection.
17. Patek Philip 1953 ($2.9million): This watch with a 24-hour clock and an inbuilt world clock made with 18k gold sold for $2.9million in 2006.
18. Frank Muller Aeternitas Mega 4 ($2.7million): Built and designed by Swiss watchmaker Frank Muller, this timepiece from Muller is pretty expensive.
19. Secret Cartier ($2.7million): Made with 18 karats of white gold and 3010 3.5 karat diamonds which cover the watch makes this Secret Cartier watch worth a fortune.
20. Jaeger Lecoultre Hybris Mechanica Grand Sonnerie ($2.5million): This once most complicated watch in the world by the luxury Swiss watch maker comes in an 18karat white gold case.
21. Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime Ref 6300 ($2.2million): This Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime comes in two variants. The watch features two dials, 5 striking chimes, 20 complications. The one pictured is the Gold Engraved version which sold for about $2.5million when it was produced.
22. Richard Mille Tourbillon Sapphire ($2million): Only 10 of this special edition Richard Mille watches were made. The sapphire casing and a unique cable movement design make this watch a sight to behold.
23. A Lange & Sohne’s Grand Complication Watch ($2.1 million): This grand complication watch from the German company consists of over 850 parts and is said to sound off 24 hours of chime daily, all of which were hand tuned of course.
24. Vacheron Constantin Tour De L’lle ($1.5million): This is another breathtaking timepiece from the Swiss timepiece maker, and it will set you back by over a million and a half dollars.
25. Patek Philippe Sky Moon Tourbillon ($1.3million): This two-faced watch by Patek Philippe is a great piece of “Watchengineering” (if there’s a word like that).
26. Hublot Haute Joaillerie ($1million): This watch was made with 40 karats of finely cut diamond, and the 10 of them which were produced are quite a sight to behold.
27. Breguet Double Tourbillon Baguette Diamonds Watch ($843,000): This is one of those Breguet watches that are slightly less than one million dollars in price. The watch is made with 107 baguette cut diamonds totaling 30 karats. This is one of the most expensive watches in the world.
28. Jacob & Co Astronomia Clarity Baguette ($840,000): This watch by the high-end jeweler features a single karat 288 facet blue diamond.
29. Harry Winston Histoire de Tourbillon 7 ($600,000): Featuring 84 precious jewels, this watch which comes with 2 biaxial tourbillons are quite a spectacular creation from Harry Winston who is best known for ornate jewels. You can’t mention the most expensive watches in the world and leave it out…
My! I need to work hard to get myself a pretty expensive watch, but definitely not up to $100,000. Someone would steal my hand if I do.
Which of these watches would you like to own?
Which of these most expensive watches would you like to own? Share your views in the comment box below…